Check it out! We completely transformed our laundry room in one weekend -and it cost less than $400. I'm skipping all the way to the bank with all the money we saved.
Here's a quick breakdown of what we did...
- Added a new-er dryer that was given to us from Rob's Aunt Donna
- Tore down the very old wire shelving and installed a new cabinet and drying rack
- Painted the walls and doors
- Added new base boards
- Pulled up the 20 year old linoleum and layed new tile flooring
- Removed the old light fixture and replaced it with a new one
- Replaced all the light sockets
If you're wondering how we pulled this off for less than $400, here's a cost breakdown of the materials we used:
- (2) 5 Gallon Buckets - $5.08
- Outlet - $3.97
- (2) Light Sockets - $7.94
- IKEA Cabinet - $45.00
- IKEA Cabinet Doors - $30.00
- Drying Shelf - $12.99
- Tile - $61.60
- Tile Spacers - $5.16
- Thin Set - $15.97
- Grout - $18.00
- New Dryer Hose - $30.00
- Light Fixture - $19.97
- Base Boards - $39.28
- Corner Pieces for Baseboards - $3.75
- Caulk - $2.14
- Paint - $1.00 (Clearance)
- Rug - $17.99
Drum roll please....
GRAND TOTAL: $319.84
If you're like me and have always wanted a blissful place to do laundry but always thought it would cost too much money, you should know that it's totally possible without breaking the bank.
This makeover is linking up with the best of them at: